Missed calls from prospective patients aren’t missed opportunities! Curious how to leverage them? Read on!
A missed call from a prospective patient shows their interest in your practice and services. At MVP Mailhouse we are all about better tracking, better analytics, and better results for you! This is why we provide missed call tracking as an additional lead generation tool that produces a list of potential new patients.
By calling them back promptly and gently inquiring about their concerns, you show that you care about them and their needs and are willing to invest time and effort in them. During that call, make sure to apply the following for the best chance of turning the missed caller into a new patient:
1. SOLVE THE PROBLEM
- Express empathy with the caller’s concerns, pain, or situation.
- Explain procedures in easy-to-understand terms. Don’t diagnose.
- Clearly explain any offers the caller asks about and explain how to use them.
- Be prepared to answer insurance acceptance and out-of-network questions.
- Effectively overcome patient objections to insurance, fees, and other issues.
- Do not provide pricing over the phone if at all possible. Schedule a consultation.
- Always ask if the caller wants to schedule an appointment.
- Highlight eligible benefits of the office or offers to get the caller to schedule an appointment.
- Use the ‘pairing technique’ for setting appointments by giving the caller two time options to help them make an appointment decision faster.
- Set expectations for the first appointment, but try to keep it brief (length of visit, forms to bring, ID/cards needed, reschedule/cancellation policies, etc.).
- Always add the ‘referral source’ of the caller to your practice management software.
- Establish confirmation and communication preference (email, text, phone).
- Before hanging up ask if there is anyone else you can schedule.
- Ask the caller if they have any additional questions.
- Restate the date and time of appointment and thank them for calling.
3. NO DECISION FOLLOW UP
- Ask for the caller’s phone number or email address and ask permission to follow-up. Pencil in a potential appointment for the moment and give them time to research insurance, time off, etc. Then call them back to confirm.
Prioritizing missed calls and follow ups is a very simple but powerful way to maximize the results you are getting from your marketing. Make sure your team is well-equipped and has the bandwidth to spend part of their day on these opportunities.
Schedule a Demo With Us!
If you're ready to take your direct mail marketing to the next level, schedule a demo with MVP Mailhouse today. One of our expert team members will walk you through our services and answer any questions you may have.
We'll also provide you with a free Heat Map Analysis report so you can see how we can help you target potential patients in your area.